Advantages of polymer lithium-ion batteries
The polymer lithium-ion battery is not only safe, but also has the advantages of thinning, arbitrary area and arbitrary shape, and the shell also uses a lighter aluminum-plastic composite film. However, its low-temperature discharge performance may still have room for improvement.
1. Good safety performance. The polymer lithium-ion battery adopts aluminum-plastic flexible packaging in structure, which is different from the metal shell of the liquid battery. In the event of a safety hazard, the liquid battery is easy to explode, while the polymer battery will only be inflated at most.
2. The thickness is small and can be made thinner. Generally, the liquid lithium battery adopts the method of customizing the casing first, and then plugging the positive and negative electrode materials. There is a technical bottleneck when the thickness is less than 3.6mm, but the polymer battery does not have this problem. It can be made below 1mm, which is in line with the current demand for mobile phones.
3. Light weight, the polymer lithium ion battery is 40% lighter than the steel shell lithium battery with the same capacity specification, and 20% lighter than the aluminum shell battery.
4. Large capacity, the capacity of polymer battery is 10-15% higher than that of steel shell battery of the same size, and 5-10% higher than that of aluminum shell battery. It has become the first choice for color screen mobile phones and MMS mobile phones. MMS mobile phones also mostly use polymer cells.
5. The internal resistance is small. The internal resistance of the polymer battery is smaller than that of the general liquid battery. At present, the internal resistance of the domestic polymer battery can even be below 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the life of the mobile phone. The standby time can fully reach the level in line with international standards. This polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge current is an ideal choice for remote control models, and has become the most promising product to replace nickel-metal hydride batteries.
6. The shape can be customized. The polymer lithium-ion battery can add or reduce the thickness of the cell according to the needs of customers, and develop new cell models. The price is cheap and the mold opening cycle is short. In order to make full use of the battery shell space, increase the battery capacity.