The difference between lithium polymer battery and lithium battery
20 Dec 2019 - lithium ion polymer battery lithium ion battery li-polymer battery Lithium polymer batteries
Lithium batteries are usually lithium ion batteries ;Inside the lithium ion battery and there are two categories: liquid lithium ion polymer battery and lithium ion battery, because quality is bigger, more liquid lithium ion battery, so the narrow understanding of lithium-ion batteries is refers to the liquid lithium ion battery, and lithium ion polymer battery and lithium polymer battery, people used to place on the polymer battery for short.If the difference between lithium polymer batteries and lithium batteries is made in a broad sense and a narrower sense, then the only thing is the relationship between the concept of species and the concept of genus. Lithium polymer batteries are included in lithium batteries.Therefore, the comparison is in a narrow sense: li-polymer battery and liquid lithium ion battery comparison, based on this, the following lithium battery refers to the liquid lithium ion battery.
1. The fundamental difference is the raw material, which is the general root of their various manifestations.Polymer battery refers to the use of polymer materials in at least one of the three components of positive, negative or electrolyte.Macromolecule means large molecular weight, and the corresponding concept is small molecule, macromolecule has high strength, high toughness and high elasticity.At present, polymer battery polymer materials are mainly used for positive electrode and electrolyte.Polymer battery cathode material in addition to the use of lithium battery inorganic compounds, but also can use conductive polymer;(2) the electrolyte of polymer battery has polymer electrolyte (solid or colloidal state) and organic electrolyte, lithium battery USES electrolyte (liquid or colloidal).
2. In terms of shaping, Li-polymer batteries can be thin, arbitrary area and arbitrary shape,The reason is that the electrolyte can be solid or colloidal rather than liquid, and lithium batteries use electrolytes, which require a strong case for secondary packaging.As a result, lithium batteries add some weight.
3. Safety: most of the current lipo battery are soft-pack batteries, which use aluminum-plastic membrane as the shell. When organic electrolyte is used inside, the liquid will not explode even if it is very hot.However, nothing is absolute. If the instantaneous current is large enough to cause a short circuit, it is not impossible for the battery to spontaneously ignite or burst. The occurrence of safety accidents in mobile phones and tablet computers is mostly caused by this situation.
4. batteries voltage: the adoption of li polymer battery materials, li polymer battery can be combined in batteries into multi-layer high voltage, and nominal capacity lithium battery batteries is 3.6 V, to achieve high voltage in practical application, you will need to be together multiple batteries in series to form the ideal high voltage work platform.
5. Conductivity: the conductivity of solid electrolyte ions in lithium polymer batteries is low. At present, some additives are added to make them into gel electrolyte to improve the conductivity,This only increases the conductance of the ions, unlike lithium batteries, where the conductivity remains a stable value, independent of the quality of the auxiliary materials.
6. Capacity: the capacity of the polymer battery has not been improved effectively, and it is still reduced compared with the standard lithium battery.
Manufacturing process: the thinner the polymer battery, the better the production; the thicker the lithium battery, the better the production; this makes lithium battery have more fields to expand in application.
7. Price: this is the key factor determining the market capacity of the two. Currently, the price of polymer batteries is generally higher than that of lithium batteries, which affects the market capacity of the two.
Hard to absolute said lithium polymer battery and lithium ion battery which good, they are different, if you said that the polymer battery more on small applications, and lithium battery in large applications more promising, if the polymer battery can breakthrough the limitation of the price and design, perhaps represents the development trend of battery, because it conforms to the trend of environmental protection and safety.